Therapeutic Resource Model
What do we do differently as a Type 3 Alternate Program (Tier 4 and 5)*?
*This is a “draft” statement for our specialized staff to further focus on intervention areas… we published it for the purpose of collaboration and feedback from our community. As we are aspiring to get better everyday, please let our staff know if the below descriptions need clarification or further development.
Tier 4* Interventions:
Restorative Resource Teachers
- Individual Education Plan/Student Learning Plan (supplementing Community Care Plans)writing and interdisciplinary meeting coordination with trauma sensitivity/awareness
- Add supplemental “trauma sensitive learning” information
- focused small group executive function and G.A.P. instruction
- helping create individualized “real-time” learning assessments
- case manage academic transitions for intake students with therapeutic team.
- inclusive “classroom” based interventions and subject based resource differentiated strategy support
- facilitation of any course challenges and gifted support coordination
Literacy Intervention Special Education Assistants
- support the student’s education goals connected to their Individual Education Plan, G.A.P. and executive function interventions with trauma sensitivity/awareness
- connections with students developed through collaboration of Resource Team
- Collaborate with staff and implement strategic intervention based on student need.
Outreach and Transitions Program and Interventions
- are currently enrolled at Vanguard Secondary who have significant barriers to full-time attendance with hopes of returning in the near future (within a couple of months or next semester).
- are currently enrolled at Vanguard Secondary who are needing support in accessing community supports with intention to Transition into post-secondary or career programs.
To be enrolled in the Outreach Intervention, students must be enrolled in Vanguard Secondary and must be recommended by the Vanguard School Based Team.
All applications can be forward to Vanguard Secondary’s Restorative Team Leader Mindy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Transition Programs
Grade 8/9 Transitions Cohort
Specialized in helping students overcome obstacles to success in school, developing skills to stay in school and build school relationships. The focus is on building self-confidence and a sense of belonging to our school and community culture. Much of this work is done off property at the “Fun Farm” with therapeutic animals and other community venues.
Grade 10-12 Restorative Education Cohort
This program is to get students “future ready” and rebuilding their trust toward education and schools. Students will learn about thinking errors and focus on emotional regulation. The goal is to address student learning needs (gaps) and school credit recovery through academic assessments (as needed).
Grade 12 Adult Graduation Career Cohort
The program focuses on community career access points and focuses on reducing barriers to employment. Students gain real world skills and explore career options while working on completing Adult Graduation (Dogwood) requirements (on-site and with District partners). Most students are supported in attending community employment programs (some with graduation credits). An Outreach teacher will collaborate and assess portfolios and learning.